Royds acts for a wide range of commercial organisations and private individuals and families as well as charitable and not-for-profit organisations – at home and overseas.
Many of our clients are small and medium sized enterprises based in the South East of England. However, a significant number are somewhat larger organisations – including AIM listed public companies, multi-national corporations and even State owned enterprises.
Our work with charities and not-for-profit organisations is described in a separate section.
As well as advising many ordinary people on both their family/relationship issues and on their tax and estate planning, our proximity to the City of London and Canary Wharf means that we also advise many City professionals and expatriats. Some of our clients are celebrities in the media, entertainment and sports sectors.
Surprising clients and work
Whilst the lion’s share of our commercial clients are ordinary businesses – looking to adapt and grow to the modern business environment – we have done some unusual work for surprising clients. For example:
- Many years ago we worked with architects to help them obtain the first round financing for the iconic landmark The London Eye.
- Almost from its inception, Royds has supported the leading High Street fashion chain Monsoon and Accessorize and has been a key player in the recent construction contracts of the 14,500m² office development of the new corporate headquarters in West London.
- Our litigation team are fortunate to be regularly in Mauritius where they undertake Privy Council work.
- The Design Council, based in Covent Garden offices opposite the Royal Opera House, relies on support from our employment team.
- Our intellectual property team has long served all members of the British Jewellers’ Association – partly through its COPYWATCH scheme. But the regular attendance at major jewellery sector and trade shows throughout Europe has led to the creation of PIPR™ with International Jewellery Show in London.
- More recently, we advised HSE, the state owned hydro electricity generator and distributor, with loans from the EBRD for the largest capital infrastructure project – at Euro 1.1billion – currently being undertaken in Slovenia.
- The family and private client teams act for a number of household name celebrities from the world of television, entertainment and sport.
We have permission to mention the following clients:Air France Action for ME Air India Anthropological Society of Great Britain Bank of India British Jewellers Association British Travelgoods and Accessories Association Chartered Management Institute Christies Group plc Crosby Capital Design Council East EAT Gecko Trading Government of Mauritius Holding Slovenske elektrarne (HSE) Monsoon Rotary Watches Sea France Smyths Toys State Bank of India .
Please contact us for further information.